- Seek competent medical care for your physical or emotional condition on a regular basis. Without medical evidence you have no chance of winning your case. And even if you see a doctor he may not support you, especially if you have not been to them enough to create a relationship.
- Follow your doctor’s advice and take the treatment and medication they prescribe. You could lose your case altogether if you fail to follow treatment.
- Ask for a referral to a specialist. For example if you have epilepsy you want to see a doctor that specializes in that field. A specialist doctor in a particular field carries more weight with social security than a general practitioner.
- Give social security information based in terms of how your injury or illness affects your basic work activities; how long you can stand at one time, how long you can stand in an 8 hour work day, how much you can lift, how long you can sit and how long you can concentrate. This is a limited list, but hopefully it gives you the idea.
- Hire an attorney experienced in social security disability cases. They will know what exactly you need to win your case and will get the evidence necessary from your doctors. Studies show you have a better chance of winning your case with an experienced social security disability attorney.
If you are interested in discussing your social security disability claim, please contact us today to schedule a consultation.