Posted: August 20, 2017
How To Find The Best Accident Attorney For My Injury Claim Settlement? Cincinnati 2019
Finding the best accident lawyer for you bodily harm settlement requires thorough research, of which 90% can be done thru the internet.Focus on geo area, search terms such as accident or injury lawyer, experience, results obtained, reviews by clients, ratings by independent bodies, jury trials handled, membership in legal associations and a review o any videos.
These are the critical factors that can help you learn if this is a great personal injury lawyer or just a poser that may never even had a jury trial involving one negligently harmed. Injury victims are inundated with material to consider. Some lawyers chase the police reports and write direct solicitation letters, while others bombard you with TV commercials with insipid branding terms like "lawyers you know lawyers you trust" or "turn your crash into cash."
Do they reallly think you know like and trust them and learned their experience and ability in a 30 second commercial? It's impossible in such a short blurb to know if they have skill, ability and the desire to treat you as a individual. You can figure this out real quick if they offer to send a non lawyer out to your house to sign you up. Most of the best lawyers I know want to meet the client and begin that personal relationship that is going to result in a satisfactory result and a satisfied client. If you do not get to meet the lawyer I suggest you run as fast as you can to find another law firm.
So what you need is a sytem for finding the accident advocate that can best represent you if you have been hurt by the fault of another. You need an attorney that will put the most money in your pocket for your harms and damages. You want an attorney that will guide you and fight for you every step of the way. Below is the system I created.
Here is your System to Find a Great Personal injury Lawyer
Step 1. The first thing you want to do is educate yourself about your case. Go to the web and search for your type of injury and your geographical location, plus the word “lawyer” or “attorney.” For example, if you were injured in a car accident and live in Cincinnati, you might google “Cincinnati car accident injury lawyer.” This should give you names of attorneys who handle car accident injury cases. Or you could google the type of injury you had for your locality such as a back injury, closed head injury or shoulder injury. Find out what different websites have to say about your type of injury.
Step 2. Start to gather names of potential attorneys. By going on the web and putting in these terms, you should look at four or five websites at least. Go through these websites with this checklist.
- 1. Does the lawyer state he or she has personal injury trial experience?
- 2. Does the lawyer give some results that he has obtained?
- 3. Does the lawyer have testimonials?
- 4. Does the lawyer state whether he is highly rated by Martindale-Hubbell and/or AVVO?
- 5. Does the lawyer provide you with educational material that tells you a little bit about your case?
- 6. Does the lawyer provide you with biographical material that tells you about his background and years of experience?
Step 3. Call the lawyer and ask for an initial consultation. Many lawyers will be glad to talk to you over the phone to get a sense that it is worthwhile for you to come in to see them. Remember, not every case requires a lawyer. Most self-respecting personal injury attorneys will not take on the very small case that does not necessarily need a lawyer. The reason for this is that they cannot add value to your claim and pragmatically it is just not worth their time. If you feel comfortable on the phone with this lawyer after speaking with him, make an appointment to meet with him in person for your free no obligation consultation.
Step 4. Now that you have arranged an in-person interview, ask these questions to help you learn if this is the best accident injury lawyer for you.
- What percentage of your practice consists of personal injury cases?
- How many personal injury cases have you handled?
- What kinds of personal injury cases have you handled? Were they head injuries, were they back injuries, etc.?
- Have you ever handled a wrongful death case?
- How many accident injury trials have you had?
- Have you lost any trials? (This is a particularly good question to ask since any attorney that has been in business for a long time and has been to the trial wars has probably lost a case or two and hopefully has learned from that loss.)
- Are you a member of any trial lawyers associations?
- What is the fee that you are going to charge me for my case?
- How are expenses going to be handled?
These questions on how to find a great accident injury attorney and this system have been reprinted from the book I authored Attorney Advertising Revealed It can be downloaded for free.
For other books I have written on personal injury issues such as: How to find the Best Car Accident lawyer or What the injurance Company Won't tell you Before it's too late click this link. to review and purchase them.
Further Reading on Personal Injury Law
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions About Car Accident Claims
5 Mistakes to Avoid When choosing a personal injury law firm
About the Author
Anthony Castelli attorney has been focusing on accident and injury law for over 30 years. He has numerous jury trials under his belt. He has helped hundreds of clients recover millions of dollars.